Active Ingredient: Piroxicam
Feldene is used for treating rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
Feldene 20 mg
Feldene is indicated for relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Feldene is an NSAID. NSAIDs treat the symptoms of pain and inflammation. They do not treat the disease that causes those symptoms.
Use Feldene as directed by your doctor.
- Take Feldene by mouth. It may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach. This may not lower the risk of stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, ulcers). Talk with your doctor if you have persistent stomach upset.
- Take Feldene with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Feldene and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Feldene.
Store Feldene at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Feldene out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Piroxicam.
Do NOT use Feldene if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Feldene
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, trouble breathing, growths in the nose, dizziness) to aspirin or an NSAID (eg, ibuprofen, celecoxib)
- you have recently had or will be having bypass heart surgery
- you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Feldene. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of kidney or liver disease, diabetes, or stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, perforation, ulcers)
- if you have a history of swelling or fluid buildup, asthma, growths in the nose (nasal polyps), or mouth inflammation
- if you have high blood pressure, a blood disorder, bleeding or clotting problems, heart problems (eg, heart failure), or blood vessel disease, or if you are at risk for any of these diseases
- if you have poor health, dehydration or low fluid volume, or low blood sodium levels, you drink alcohol, or you have a history of alcohol abuse.
Some medicines may interact with Feldene. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), heparin, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine) because the risk of stomach bleeding may be increased
- Probenecid because it may increase the risk of Feldene's side effects
- Cyclosporine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), lithium, methotrexate, quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin), sulfonamides (eg, sulfamethoxazole), or sulfonylureas (eg, glipizide) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Feldene
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, enalapril) or diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Feldene
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Feldene may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Feldene may cause dizziness or drowsiness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Feldene with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Serious stomach ulcers or bleeding can occur with the use of Feldene. Taking it in high doses or for a long time, smoking, or drinking alcohol increases the risk of these side effects. Taking Feldene with food will NOT reduce the risk of these effects. Contact your doctor or emergency room at once if you develop severe stomach or back pain; black, tarry stools; vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds; or unusual weight gain or swelling.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Feldene is an NSAID. Before you start taking any new medicine, read the ingredients. If it also has an NSAID (eg, ibuprofen) in it, check with your doctor. If you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take aspirin while you are using Feldene unless your doctor tells you to.
- Lab tests, including kidney function, complete blood cell counts, and blood pressure, may be done to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Feldene with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects, including stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Feldene should be used with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Feldene may harm the fetus. Do not use it during the last 3 months of pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Feldene while you are pregnant. Feldene is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while you are taking Feldene.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; gas; headache; heartburn; nausea; stomach upset.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody or black, tarry stools; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; confusion; dark urine; depression; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; mental or mood changes; numbness of an arm or leg; one-sided weakness; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe headache or dizziness; severe or persistent stomach pain or nausea; severe vomiting; shortness of breath; sudden or unexplained weight gain; swelling of hands, legs, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint or muscle pain; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision or speech changes; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.
Your order will be packed safely and secure and dispatched within 24 hours.
This is how your parcel will look like, the images are photographs of real shipments.
It has the size of a normal protected envelope and it does not disclose its contents.